Sunday, May 5, 2013

Catching Up


WOW! It’s been a while and I apologize, we’ve been busy and I just haven’t had a moment it seems in months to write. Since my last post was about getting back into shape I’ll start there. 

I completed my second half marathon on April 14th; 30 minutes faster than my first!! I was very proud since I almost bailed after being sick for a total of three weeks toward the end of my training. I finally told myself, “If all else fails, I’ll just walk”. Much to my surprise I ran the entire way and improved my time. My next half will be in October, I’d love to break 2 hours but we’ll see!


I also mentioned in my last post that we just moved into a new home.  I love historic homes and historic districts. I feel it’s the ultimate form of recycling!!  Luckily, after much searching, we found such a place! Our new home is a 1927, brick tutor in a small historic district of NC.  The previous owner did a wonderful job of renovating the house while keeping it true to it’s original character. Since moving in we have made some cosmetic changes such as paint, but basically the house was move-in ready. The most exciting part of our new house is that today we were part of a historic home tour. The tour will use the proceeds from the ticket sales to purchase historic markers for each home with the name of the original owner and the year the house was built. The docent at each home on the tour was a family member of the original owner who shared historical information about the house and the area. It was very nice to meet so many people who had stories to share about our home and it's history!


Stay tuned for a new series of posts about Bhive Home! Here I'll share improvements and projects we take on around our hive! BUZZ




No comments:

Post a Comment