Monday, October 14, 2013

Made in the USA


In celebration of the upcoming nuptials of one of my closest and dearest friends Jori, I was in need of the perfect shower gift for the couple. In passing, Jori mentioned they were trying to register for items including linens and china, that were made in the USA. I typically stick straight to the registry when buying wedding and baby gifts but happened to stumble over this company’s website and knew I was on to something.
Lawn Chair USA LLC was started in 2010 because we wanted to bring back an American classic, the folding aluminum webbed lawn chair. Jori and her fiancĂ© Jacob love the beach and will reside there post wedding (lucky!) so I thought these would make the perfect gift. Another added perk was the pattern I chose was called Sea Island Blue, which is where the groom is employed.
According to the website, these chairs have not been made on a large scale for the past 10 to 20 years when overseas - meaning China, put all the domestic chair makers out of business. Not only are these chairs made in the USA but they are also made in my home state of Georgia. Lawn Chairs USA also sells replacement webbing so you can give new life to chairs you may have hiding in your attic or garage.  I love that these chairs bring back a bit of nostalgia (Jori, BTW, should have been born 20 years earlier) but I also love that they are made locally by a family owned business. Check it out! 
Cheers to Jori and Jacob!
Buzz!!

No comments:

Post a Comment